IRIDIUM CrossFit – CrossFit
Maintain sets of :10 or more on the ring L-sit.
Use the same rings for push-ups and L-sit holds.
Complete the calories in 2:00 or less each round.
GENERAL WARM-UP REVIEW | 9:00
• Have athletes set up rings and bumper plates as needed.
• Lead the group through this warm-up.
• Between each progression we will perform a push-up variation to
prep athletes for the ring push-ups.
L-Sit Progression // Focus
• Focus on having athletes keep their hands slightly in front of their
hips. Scale these movements by leaning back. Increase the difficulty
of these movements by having athletes lean forward.
• Have athletes perform each progression for 2 Sets x :20.
• Perform :20 of a push-up variation between each set of L-Sit holds.
1) Supine Leg Raise // Lift both legs as high as possible while keeping
2) Seated Alternating Leg Lift // Lift each leg as high as possible while
keeping it straight.
3) Supported Alternating Leg Lift // Use the hands and bent leg to
elevate the body off of the ground while raising one leg high.
4) Seated Leg Raise // Place hands behind the hips and lean back to
RING AND BUMPER PLATE L-SIT HOLDS | 3:00
• Allow athletes to practice in :10 increments.
• Help athletes focus on keeping feet higher in a tuck or single-leg
hold rather than allowing for low legs with both legs extended.
• Prioritize getting athletes on rings even if it means they scale to a
tuck hold or ring support.
4 Sets x :10 Hold
• :30 Rest in between sets.
RING PUSH-UP REVIEW | 5:00
• Demo the ring push-ups, as well as push-ups on the bumper plates.
• Highlight how to scale each movement. On the ring push-ups,
demonstrate how to walk the feet forward and backward to adjust
the difficulty. On the bumper plates, show athlete’s how to use the
knees for assistance or how they can scale the range of motion of
3 Sets x 10 Reps
• Increase difficulty each set.
• All sets should be unbroken.
L-SIT HOLD AND PROVE-IT TEST | 7:00
• Remind athletes that the goal is to balance difficulty on the L-sit
holds. Athletes should have an option that helps them prioritize
using the abs and hip flexors to pull the legs and heels up as high
as possible. Athletes should also have an option that allows them to
repeat :10 holds.
1 Sets x :10 L-Sit Hold or Modification
1:00 Calorie Test
• Athletes should be able to hit 15/10 calories at a moderate pace/
effort if they plan on going Rx’d.
• If athletes struggle to hit 12/8 calories, then suggest that the scale
to 2:00 of max calories or 20/10 calories
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
:30 Ring L-Sit
15 Ring Push-ups
30/21 Calorie Bike
:15 Ring L-Sit
15 Ring Push-ups
24/18 Calorie Bike
:20 Seated L-Sit
15 Assisted Push-ups
15/12 Calorie Bike