IRIDIUM CrossFit – CrossFit
Perform each set at 60-80% of your 1RM. After each set, we will rest about 2:00. If you feel like you could attempt your next lift after :30, the weight is not heavy enough. After the workout, we will spend time practicing strict and kipping ring dips.
5 Ring Rows
5 Single Arm DB Strict Press / Side
50-ft Bear Crawl
10 Shoulder Taps (Push-up Position)
STRICT PRESS REVIEW | 8:00
• Athletes grab a barbell or PVC.
• Review the strict press.
Strict Press Set-up: Points of Performance
1) Keep the bar as close to the center of the body as possible (frontal
plane) as they press up.
2) Arms are locked out at top of the press, and the bar is lined up
over the heel of the foot.
3) Athletes do not lean back and cause ribs to stick out as they press.
Encourage squeezing the abs.
STRICT PRESS LOADING | 6:00
• Give athletes 5:00-7:00 to take 3-4 sets of 3 reps building up to a
starting workout weight.
• During this time, you will focus on athletes maintaining a consistent
set-up and their bar path.
Shoulder Press (5-5-5-5-5)
3 Sets // Scale
:15 Ring Support Hold // Place foot on floor, plank hold
10 Strict Ring Dips // Banded strict ring dips.
10 Kipping Ring Dips // Jumping ring dips