IRIDIUM CrossFit – CrossFit
<20:00, Use moderate to heavy loadings you can cycle for 5+ reps throughout the workout. Cut all reps and volume in half if you are performing this workout as an individual, without a partner. Move through at a consistent pace, don’t get stuck at any movement because of weights or skills that are too challenging.
Muscle-up Progression // Focus
• Demo each part of the progression before allowing the athletes to
practice. Focus on a single teaching point for each progression.
• Athletes alternate sets of 3-5 reps with a partner until you tell them
to move on to the next progression.
1) False Grip Ring Row // Make these reps easy and focus on maintaining the false grip.
2) Leg Assisted Rings to Chest // Bring the legs under the rings and
lean back while standing up to touch the rings to the chest.
3) Muscle-up Transition to Floor // Focus on using the legs and pushing the head through the rings quickly.
4) Floor Muscle-up // Athletes must hit the rings to their chest before
transitioning through the rings.
GENERAL MOVEMENT PREP | 9:00
• Demo the wall walk and partial wall walk.
• Allow athletes to move on their own for the remainder of the
• Focus on helping more advanced athletes progress from the wall
walk to a handstand hold and then a handstand walk as they
progress in rounds.
On a 6:00 Clock:
5 Synchro Box Step-Ups
1 Wall Walk / Partner (or bear crawl)
5 Synchro Lunges
3 Muscle-up Transitions / Partner
5 Synchro Toe-Touch + Jump
HANG POWER CLEAN AND BARBELL REVIEW | 8:00
• Demo the foot position and grip setup for the hang power clean.
• Lead athletes through 3-5 reps focusing on a single coaching point
at each progression.
• Avoid keeping the barbell in the athlete’s hands for more than 7
reps in a row.
Hang Power Clean Progression // Focus
1) Hang Power Clean // Find the mid-thigh position before completing
2) Hang Power Clean // Extend the hips hard and jump before pulling
with the arms.
3) Front Squats // Relax the grip and reset the feet before squatting.
4) Hang Power Clean // Pause with the bar at the hip before starting
the next rep.
5) Lunges // Loose fingertip grip on the bar.
LOADING AND GYMNASTIC MOVEMENTS | 7:00
• Review and demo the handstand scaling options and then allow
athletes to finish warming up on their own.
• Focus on maintaining lumbar curve during the squats, lunges, and
hang power cleans.
• Make sure athletes keep their heels down during the squats.
• Focus on helping athletes maintain a loose fingertip grip during
the lunges and the front squats, keep the elbows higher than the
• Increase loading each set, progress to workout weight.
5 Front Squats / Athlete
:10 Handstand Walk or Modification / Athlete
For Time With a Partner:
40 Box Jump Overs (30/24″)
200-ft. Handstand Walk
40 Barbell Lunges (185/125#)
40 Hang Power Cleans (185/125#)
20 Front Squats (185/125#)
40 Synchro Bar-Facing Burpees
– One partner working, one partner
40 Box Jump Overs (24/20″)
100-ft. Handstand Walk
40 Barbell Lunges (135/95#)
40 Hang Power Cleans (135/95#)
20 Front Squats (135/95#)
40 Synchro Bar-Facing Burpees
20 Box Step Overs (20″)
200-ft. DB Overhead Walk (35/25#)
20 DB Lunges (35/25#)
20 Ring Row
40 DB Hang Power Cleans (35/25#)
20 DB Front Squats (35/25#)
40 DB-Facing Burpees
2:00 Seated Straddle Stretch
– Hold :20 on the left leg, right leg, and in the center